1. Use painters marker to paint plastic cups for the following animals.
Bee- paint 1” x 2” band of black at top. Alternate ½” yellow and black bands under 1” band.
Ladybug-Paint a 1” x 2” black band at top. Paint remaining area below red to bottom of cup.
Butterfly- paint a 1” x 2” band of blue at top. Paint alternating ½” rows of blue and yellow to bottom. Allow to dry and coat over paint with varnish.
2. Paint wood shapes with paint markers. Paint six medium circles and two small circles white. Paint two XL teardrops white. Paint XXL hearts blue. Paint XL hearts yellow. Paint two XL teardrops red. Paint two medium circles black. Outline teardrop shapes with black painters pen. Draw spots on red teardrops with black and white Painters markers.
3. Glue wood shapes together as shown with Craft Bond and attach wiggle eyes to white circles for three sets.
4. Glue eyes to bugs with Tacky Glue. Pierce slit in sides of bugs for wings with X-ACTO knife or scissors and insert wings. Cut chenille stems to six lengths of 4” each. Bend ends for antennae. Pierce holes for antennae at top of cups. Place a small amount of Tacky Glue on each piece and insert into holes.
5. Pierce hole for light. Attach bugs to light string.