Lay out your design
of wood shapes. Stagger the length of each strand of shapes.
Using a pencil, lightly mark the color you decide to paint
1. Drill a hole centered along
the bottom edge of each wood tag.
2. Paint tags according to colors you’ve marked on each
wood tag. Let dry. Paint designs on tags and decorate with
black marker. Refer to photo.
3. Lay out each wood strand for placement of painted shapes.
Cut a length of wire approximately twice as long as the strand
of wood shapes.
4. Starting with the bottom shape and leaving at least a 3”
tail of wire, weave the wire through the bottom and top holes
of each shape until you have connected all the shapes in a
strand. At the top of the last shape bend the wire in a loop,
twisting the end to secure. String pony beads on the end of
the wire. Bend or coil end of wire to secure beads.
5. Hook the loop of each strand through a jewelry pin and
slide on dowel. Attach a length of wire at either end of the
dowel to form a hanger.
Add additional strands of pony beads and rings
to your room divider.