1. Paint box ivory. Apply a second
coat. Allow to dry between coats.
2. Apply coat of decoupage medium to entire box. Let dry.
3. Trace, then cut patterns as follows:. Cut pineapple from
yellow paper. Cut leaf shape “A” from green paper
and leaf shape “B” from light green paper. Cut
four 1¼8 " x 3” strips of orange paper and
four 1¼8 " x 3” strips from the dark orange
4. Glue strips of paper in a diamond pattern on large pineapple.
Let dry, then trim edges.
5. Cut strips of lilac paper with decorative edge scissors
for box top and rim. Cut two 1¼2 " x 7”
strips for box top and three 3¼4 " x 7”
strips for rim. Cut three 3¼4 " square pieces
from light green paper.
6. Brush the back of each large
pineapple piece with découpage medium, then glue to
the center of the top of the box. Brush lilac strips with
medium, then glue to box on either side of the pineapple.
Glue three lilac strips around the rim, separated by light
green squares. Let dry. Apply a second coat of découpage
medium to entire box top. Let dry.
7. Cut four small pineapples from yellow and green paper.
Draw a diamond shape pattern on each small pineapple with
an orange marker. Using découpage medium, glue four
pineapples to sides of box. Cut four strips of lilac paper
(approximately 3¼4 " x 3” each) and glue
between small pineapples. Apply a second coat of découpage
medium to entire base of box. Let dry. Apply an additional
coat of découpage medium to entire box. Let dry.